Hi everybody! It hasn’t been a week yet and I’m back! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this up in 2015! I mentioned last Friday that I’ve been thinking a lot about 2015. 2014 was a great year, but I did feel pretty overwhelmed for a good portion of it. I’m hoping that with some changes and goal setting, 2015 will be one of our best years yet. I could have gone on and on, but I narrowed my goals for 2015 down (yes, this actually is a narrowed down list) to the list below. It’s pretty long, but I think it’s very doable. Everything on it will genuinely make me happier and make my life easier.
Personal Health & Mental Well Being:
1) Drink more water…I’m usually ok about this (could be better), but over the holidays I barely drank any. I also drank way too much soda in it’s place, so out with the soda too!
2) Cook more – eat out less…again, was really good about this, but the last quarter of the year I was too busy and as result never felt like cooking.
3) Eat regular meals…this has always been a challenge for me.
4) Try one new healthy recipe bi-weekly…I seem to just make the same stuff all the time. It would be nice to add in a little more variety.
5) Read 4 books in 2015…I love reading, but I never do it.
6) Be grateful everyday for everything I’ve been blessed with and try not to complain too much.
7) Try to be more positive and less negative.
8) Play piano several times per week…I was playing almost everyday, but again, I got too busy.
9) Go to 3 concerts in 2015.
10) MORE PHOTOS…Compared to years prior, I barely took any pictures in 2014. I want to not only take more pictures in 2015, but I want to take better pictures. I also want to start making it a priority to print and do something with them.
11) Take one creative online class per month…I think this will be a really important one to keep me inspired.
12) Start scheduling my time better.
13) Stop overextending myself…I took on WAY too much at the end of 2014 and it made it impossible for me to keep up (the way I would like to) with my personal life. In 2015, I need to find a better balance, which may mean letting something go.
14) Take one online class per month that is related to my profession.
15) Organize my work life and keep it organized…no surprise here that I work better if I’m nice and organized.
16) Start using my office again…I’ve gotten sloppy and work from my couch far too often. It’s not good for my focus or my body.
17) Create a chore chart…I’ve never done this before and I think it would be really helpful for us.
18) Organize EVERYTHING…We’ve lived in our house for a while now and all the organizing I did at the beginning is coming undone. Time to get back on track.
19) Get rid of things we don’t use/need…too much clutter!
Finally on to the most important ones…
20) Set aside one day a month to do something fun with my husband, just the two of us.
21) Try to get together with friends for a night out once a month.
22) Spend more time with my sister (and just family in general).
23) Plan more get togethers with my friends throughout the year.
24) Go someplace new with my husband (doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive) 2 times in 2015.
And 25) Evaluate this list monthly to see how I’m doing.
Well there is my list. Are you busy thinking up goals for 2015?